“Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.”
Yoga, as the mental, physical & spiritual practices positively transform one’s body and mind,& soul. As per an estimate it has originated in India about 5000 years ago. Based on an accumulated body of knowledge developed over a period of time by saints & sages in India, It has received due recognition by the United Nations which responded positively to celebrate it as an International Yoga Day worldwide every year on June 21.
Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modi could take an initiative & provided a definite direction to spread this India’s cultural and spiritual heritage worldwide with a credible system to ensure the quality of teaching, training, and its application for maintaining holistic health.
Indian Yoga Association responded to the call of the Hon’ble Prime Minister by accepting the challenge of transforming his vision into a reality.
Based on these premises, Indian Yoga Association was founded by a group of dedicated & professionally competent people led by the legendary Yogi Padma Vibhushan Late Dr. BKS Iyengar. A maiden effort was made by all leading yoga institutions following lineages of more than 25-30 years to bring together all institutes of Yoga in India for promotion and advancement of Indian yoga and its application around the world.
Yogrishi Swami Ramdev Ji Maharaj founder of Patanjali Yog Peeth, Haridwar was selected unanimously as the founder Chairman of the Governing Council and Guruji Dr. H. R. Nagendra Ji,Chancellor, S-VYASA , as the president having a very powerful umbrella of Advisors such as Yogrishi Swami Ramdev Ji Maharaj (Founder, Patanjali Yog Peeth, Haridwar), Dr. Pranav Pandya Ji (Head all world Gayatri Parivar&Chacellor Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalya), Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Ji ( Founder of Art of Living foundation, Bengaluru) Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Ji ( Founder of Isha foundation, Coimbatore), Swami Chidanand Saraswati Ji. (President of Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh.)
For the promotion of Yoga IYA has taken an initiation to make Personnel Certification Body approved under the Scheme for Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals owned by Yoga Certification Board (Formerly was owned by QCI) launched by Ministry of AYUSH. IYA has created an independent entity within itself named as IYA PrCB by giving functional autonomy to it. This has been discussed and approved in 10th Meeting of IYA held on 22nd June 2016 under agenda Item No.8
The focus of the Scheme for Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals, as it is being called, is to certify the competence of Yoga Professionals who provide Yoga training as Teachers or Instructors.
PrCB, YCP Certificate
- Yoga Education and Training
- Yoga Therapy
Indian Yoga Association
Why Choose Us
IYA has taken an initiation to make PrCB approved under the Scheme for Voluntary Certification of Yoga Professionals owned by Yoga Certification Board (Formerly was owned by QCI) launched by Ministry of AYUSH
IYA PrCB has adopted as a policy to be the leading partner in making the Hon’ble Prime Minister‘s
Vision a success to spread cultural and spiritual heritage worldwide.
It will strive to make a credible system that shall provide India leadership to ensure the quality of teaching and training in Yoga across the world and will actively contribute to the efforts QCI in this direction.
IYA CB will focus on developing & multiplying competent but quality Yoga teachers/trainers/ promoters to maintain self-discipline in the operations of the Yoga all around.
1. Quality Certification of Yoga Professionals as many as possible, all over India.
2. To conduct quality certification exams and declaration of results in a time schedule.
Benefits of Personnel Certification:
- It is the only certificate owned by Government of India in the field of Yoga
- This Certification Scheme is monitored by Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- The certification helps in promoting Yoga as a career skill which till date is an unorganized career option.
- Certification will be globally recognized.
- The certification is done by an independent third party.
- Soon recruiters and the General public will become aware of the value of this certification.
- Entry in the All India Registry of Certified Yoga Professionals on YCB/ IYA websites which can be accessed by anyone.
- Ministry of External Affairs body, the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) has recognized the YP Level 2 certification and made it as a pre-requisite for foreign deputation for promotion of Yoga
- State Governments are keenly interested to insert this as a requirement for their recruitment drive from time to time – e.g. Government of Haryana